Tournament begins in
there are no items in your cart.
Salmon-A-Rama 2014 : Contest Rules[Download PDF](Mail in registration form)
General Rules 2014
- Salmon-A-Rama has Shore, Boat, Kayak and Youth Divisions.
- All fish must be caught by hook and line, by an individual possessing a valid Salmon-A-Rama ticket for the Division to be entered, at the time that the fish is caught. All fish must be caught between 12:01 AM CST on July 12, 2014 and 11:00 AM CST on July 20, 2014. No fishing is allowed by any participant 3 hours prior to the official start of the contest.
- All Salmon-A-Rama tickets purchased after 12:00 AM on Saturday, July 12 must be purchased on the Salmon-A-Rama grounds only. Tickets sold after 12:00 AM on Saturday, July 12, 2014 shall include a $5.00 late registration fee for all Divisions. In addition, such tickets will be stamped with the time and date of purchase. NO FISH will be eligible for registration on the ticket within 24 hours of the time indicated on the ticket.
- Salmon-A-Rama contestants must comply with State, Federal and Local, and other pertinent fishing and boating laws and regulations.
- All fish entered must be caught in the waters of Lake Michigan or its tributaries up to the first bridge crossing the tributary. There are no city or state boundaries.
- All fish must be registered at the Salmon-A-Rama Tournament Headquarters Weigh-in Station (located at Tournament HQ Reef Point Marina in Racine), or a designated remote Salmon-A-Rama weigh-in station (refer to Salmon-A-Rama website for up to date locations and weigh-in times).
- All fish will be weighed on certified scales by tournament officials or by tournament authorized personnel.
- Designated remote weigh-in sites will only weigh fish from July 12 through July 19. On July 20, fish may only be weighed at Tournament Headquarters (Racine).
- The hours the Tournament Headquarters (Racine) which will be open only during the following times:
- July 12 10:00 AM 1:00 PM and 3:00 - 10:00 PM
- July 13 10:00 AM 11:00 AM and 3:00 - 10:00 PM
- July 14-18 10:00 AM 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM 10:00 PM
- July 19 10:00 AM 10:00 PM
- July 20 8:00 AM 11:00 AM (contest ending time)
- The hours of the designated remote weigh-in sites will be posted on the Salmon-A-Rama website.
- In case of a tie by weight, the first fish registered will be awarded the prize.
- At the discretion of the tournament officials, the three largest fish in each division and category may be displayed during the week of the contest and must be available for this purpose.
- Any contestant issued a citation for violation of any fishing or boating laws during the tournament will their violation reviewed by the tournament committee and based on their decision could be disqualified. No refunds will be made.
- The contestant upon purchasing a Salmon-A-Rama ticket agrees to the following:
- To abide by all the rules established by the Salmon-A-Rama committee.
- Salmon Unlimited of Wisconsin is not responsible for any injuries, damages or theft. Each person fishes the derby at their own risk and shall hold nobody but themselves liable for personal injuries or property damage.
- To take a polygraph test if requested by tournament officials.
- The polygraph test is mandatory for all designated Grand Prizes and must be taken within 3 full days after the close of the contest.
- Failure to pass or take the required polygraph test will result in forfeiture of all prizes. Tournament officials will award prizes to the next place winner who will in turn be required to take the polygraph test.
- Any person that has failed a polygraph test during prior years is not eligible to participate in future years in Salmon-A-Rama.
- Any person wishing to protest any fish or fisherman registered in any division for a violation of any contest rule or unsportsmanlike conduct, must submit the protest in writing plus $100 in cash only, protest fee to a member of the Salmon-A-Rama Tournament Officials (posted at the Salmon-A-Rama headquarters) during the hours of 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM. The protest must state the rule violated and facts known to the protestor. All protests must be submitted either within 24 hours of the time the protested fish was registered or by 12:00 PM on the last day, whichever is earlier. Tournament Officials will review all protests. If a protest is denied, the $100 protest fee will be forfeited by the protestor and given to the alleged violator.
- The overall Grand Prize fish must be saved at the respective weigh-in station and brought to Tournament Headquarters for display at the Salmon-A-Rama award ceremony on by 11 AM CST on July 20.
- If a person possesses both a Shore AND a Boat registration and catches fish in accordance with the rules of the Shore division, that fish may be entered in either the Shore or the Boat Division, but not both. The participant must declare which division the fish is being entered in at the time the fish is registered and prior to it being weighed. The declaration cannot be changed once the fish is weighed-in.
- Daily prizes may be awarded for the largest fish by weight in each category on a daily basis.
- The individual who caught the fish must register the fish.
- All eligible fish must be kept fresh (never frozen) prior to weigh-in.
- Anglers are allowed to weigh only 5 salmon or trout (2 lake trout) per day regardless of the state(s) they are fishing in. Anglers are only allowed to weigh 5 perch per day regardless of the state they are fishing in.
- The $15,000 grand prize will be awarded to the largest fish registered from either the Shore or Boat Division.
- All anglers that enter a fish must be able to provide a witness to their catch. In the event that a witness is not present, the angler will be subject to a polygraph test.
- Boat Division participants are only eligible to be on the top ten leader board once for each eligible species.
- The following species are eligible in the Boat Division: Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon, Brown Trout, Lake Trout and Rainbow (Steelhead) Trout.
- Everyone on a boat over the age of 6 must be registered in Salmon-A-Rama.
- Shore Division anglers must access the shore fishing location by foot. Boats, Kayaks or any floatation device cannot be used to access Shore fishing areas or restricted areas.
- Shore Division participants are only eligible to be on the Shore Division leader board more than once.
- There are no individual fish categories in the Shore Division, prizes will be awarded to the top 10 heaviest fish caught in this division.
- The Shore Division participants are eligible to win $15,000 grand prize.
- Youth division is open for all children ages 6 through 15.
- Overall only 1 division exists. The overall largest fish from either Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon, Brown Trout, Lake Trout and Rainbow (Steelhead) Trout are eligible to be registered into the Youth Division.
- Prizes will be paid for the top 5 eligible fish caught in the Youth Division. The largest fish caught in the Youth Division will be eligible for the Youth Division Grand Prize.
- Youth Division anglers can either purchase a Youth Division registration or fish under a Boat or Shore ticket.
- Youth Division anglers are only eligible to be on the leader board once. If a Youth Division angler registers a fish that weighs more than the Youth's previous entry, the larger fish will be added to the leader board and the smaller fish will be removed from the leader board. This does not apply to daily prizes.
- Youths possessing a Youth Division ticket can fish Shore or on a Boat.
- Youths possessing a Youth ticket can only enter a fish in the Youth Division unless they possess a Boat or Shore division ticket. In this case, the participant is only eligible to enter the fish into one division and must choose which division to enter the fish into prior to weighing the fish.
- Participants in the Youth Division can purchase a Boat or a Shore Division ticket. In this case, the participant must follow the specific division rules and choose which division that they intend to enter the fish into.
Boat Division Master Angler Award
- Anglers must catch all Boat Division eligible fish species to be qualified (Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Chinook Salmon and Coho Salmon).
- If no one angler catches all of the eligible species, the Boat Master Angler Award will not be awarded.
- Prizes will be awarded to the angler that catches the largest total accumulated weight of the 5 eligible Boat Division species over the duration of the tournament.
- In case of a tie, the angler that weighs in first will be awarded the prize.
Youth Division JR SLAM
- The Youth with the 5 heaviest fish entered within the Youth Division, regardless of species, will be crowned the Youth Division Jr SLAM winner.
- The Kayak division is open to all participants, at least 16 years old, possessing a Kayak Division ticket.
- The following species are eligible in the Kayak Division: Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon, Brown Trout, Lake Trout and Rainbow (Steelhead) Trout.
- A Kayak division angler is only eligible to be on the leader board once. If a Kayak division angler registers a fish that weighs more than the angler's previous entry in that given category, the larger fish will be added to the leader board and the smaller fish will be removed from the leader board. This does not apply to daily prizes.
- This division is only open to kayaks, paddleboards, canoes or any other manually propelled vessels (herby referred to as kayak). The interpretation of a kayak is up to the discretion of Salmon-A-Rama officials.
- All fishing must be done from a kayak in the water.
- No electric or combustion motors or sails are allowed on the kayak.
- No assistance can be made from a motorized vessel except in the case of an emergency.
- A participating kayak angler must comply with all Salmon-A-Rama general rules.
- Prizes will be awarded to the 5 largest fish caught in the kayak division. All fish species listed in the general Salmon-A-Rama rules are eligible.
- A kayak angler possessing only a Kayak Division ticket may only enter fish in the Kayak Division contest.
- A kayak angler possessing only a Boat Division ticket may only enter fish in the Boat Division.
- A kayak angler possessing both a Boat Division AND a Kayak Division ticket may enter his/her fish in either the Kayak or Boat Division, not both. The angler must decide which division to enter the fish into prior to weighing in the fish.
- The Kayak Division participants are eligible to win $15,000 grand prize.
- All participants possessing a Salmon-A-Rama ticket are eligible for the Perch Division.
- The Perch Division is not specific to Boat, Shore, Youth or Kayak Divisions.
- The Perch Division will be based on the total length of up to 5 fish on a daily basis. All fish must be registered at the same time. Only the largest daily length of the 5 largest Perch will be counted for each participant.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 places in the Perch Division.
Awarding of Prizes
- Prize list will be available on the Salmon-A-Rama website. Contest prize list is subject to revision as late prizes may be contributed and may be slotted according to policy as set by the Salmon-A-Rama Prize Committee to enhance the prize list.
- Prize ceremonies will be held on July 20, starting at approximately 1 PM on the Salmon-A-Rama grounds.
- All prize money will be mailed to each winner within 30 days of the end of the tournament.
- The official daily standings will be determined at the end of each day. The Salmon-A-Rama Web site (www.salmon-a-rama.com) has the official standings.
- Every Salmon-A-Rama participant will be eligible for the Super Raffle which will be held immediately following the Prize Ceremony at 1 PM on the closing Sunday. To be eligible for the Salmon-A-Rama Super Raffle, all Salmon-A-Rama participants must pick up their raffle tickets on July 20 at the Salmon-A-Rama grounds before 1 PM. See www.salmon-a-rama.com for more details.